Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Review!! A Curse Dark As Gold


A Curse Dark As Gold  By Elizabeth C. Bunce


Summery-
The classic fairytale Rumpelstiltskin retold in this wonderfully written novel. Charlotte Miller's father has just lost her father and is now in charge of the family mill. The only thing is, the mill seems to be cursed!!!! Accidents start to happen, and when Charlotte and her little sister Rosie attempt to fix the place up, it just falls right back apart. Then a banker comes with some bad news, the Miller family is deep in debt and will have to give up the mill if the two sisters can not repay the debt in the short amount of time given. Just when they were about to give up the mysterious Jack Spinner shows up and offers to fix all of their problems.


Plot-
The main plot is very simple and follows the fairytale we all know and love. However there are many other subplots that leave the reader wanting more. I know I definitely did. This story has everything in it from romance to suspense to betrayal. I wish I could go on, I definitely could about this book, but I don't want to give to much of this book away.

Characters-
I would have to say that the characters really do jump off the page, I could almost feel Charlotte's fear when she almost lost Henry. I could feel Rosie's rage when they found out how their uncle betrayed them and how it could effect them.




I would recommend this book for anybody who loves the twisted fairytales and anyone who loves mystery and very mild romance.

I would give this book four and a half stars :)



Hope to have you reading again soon,

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment