Friday, December 5, 2014

Everbound

Everbound 
By Brodi Ashton
Published- 2013
Pages- 357

Summery-
Jack is gone, her anchor, the one thing that kept her alive while in the Everneath, is gone. Doomed to the worst death possible, slowly being drained of all life in the tunnels. Nikki is determined, more determined than she has ever been in her entire life, to get into the Everneath and rescue Jack. The only problem is that she needs Cole to do it. Can she trust the one who kept her prisoner for 100 years to save the love of her life?


My Thoughts-

My first reaction while reading this was is the author trying to get the reader to like Cole? Because I fell as hard as you can for a fictional character (except Mr. Darcy) in this book. I kind of liked him in the first novel, but this one was like, he actually has a heart? Oh yes, I can see it now, and God is it amazing. I know it isn't probably the best thing to say about the bad guy, but come on. After doing what he does for Nikki this novel, how can you not say something nice about him.

The character evolution of everyone is pretty much a stand still except for Cole and Nikki. You see how Nikki can be when she is put under pressure and when she is desperate for something. You also see how strong she is, I mean if my boyfriend were taken into the Everneath I wouldn't be able to eat, sleep, or function, for like a few months minimum. But she keeps going to find a way into the Everneath to save him, even when she almost looses hope.

Now Cole, as I said, I really liked him in this book, and I am defiantly Team Cole, but his ugly side does show it's head every once and a while. He manipulates and omits the truth. On the other hand he does come along with Nikki on her suicide mission to save the one she loves, when (I believe) he truly loves her.

I do love the ending of this book. I tend to really like books with a plot twist ending. The ones you know how ends but then it's like NOPE. Just kidding. And that is how this one ends, but if you pay attention to the signs, you may be able to guess what it is. (But don't just go to the last page of the book and read it.)

I  think this book is a book defiantly worth your time to read. If you haven't read the first one, you should check it out from you library as soon as you can. The recreation of the Greek Underworld adds some new myth to reality. Or some reality to myth. So I am giving this book a 5 out of 5 stars. I would read this book again in a heartbeat and would recommend to any of my friends.


Hope to have you reading again soon,
Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment