Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Grimm Legacy

The Grimm Legacy
By Polly Shulman


Summery
Elizabeth is starting over in the big city of New York because her dad just had to go marry her new step mother. When Elizabeth writes her history paper on the brothers Grimm she was assigned to by her history teacher. After she writes it she was not really sure if she did very well, but the paper ends up landing a job at a library. Not just any library, an object library where the patrons can check out objects for their own use.

Everything seems normal until her co-workers, fellow teens, start talking about the disappearance of a girl her age, everything starts changing. Can she figure out what happened to the missing co-worker before the same thing happens to her newly made friends? Or is the mastermind behind her disappearance has something much more sinister in mind?

What I Thought
When I first picked up this book I knew I would just love it. It has the perfect mix of fairly tales and good old fashion magic.

There were in some parts in the book that the dialogue was not the best in the world. There were a ton of times that the author made the characters say, "Oh, blah blah blah." I do not know about you, but that makes me think that the character is sighing or having an epiphany.

I did like the depth of the characters, and the range of the them. Polly Shulman has a three year old as a hero in this novel, I think that just comes to show that she thinks that anyone can be a hero, no matter what their size. Another character that you would not suspect to be a hero, Jaya, a ten year old girl. She figures out things that the teens in the novel would never figure out.

Overall I give this book a 4 out of 5.

Hope to have you reading again soon,
Paige <3

No comments:

Post a Comment