Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Selection

The Selection
By Kiera Cass
Published- April 24, 2012
Pages- 327


Summery-
America never wanted to enter the Selection, a contest for 35 girls to go to the castle and win the princes heart, but everyone insisted she should. Even her amazing boyfriend Aspen Leger, who is in the caste below her and her family. The day of the announcing every girl who was eligible was wound up tighter than a string, but not America. She is heart broken, the love of her life had just left her because he feels he cannot provide for her. When her name is called on The Report that Friday everyone is ecstatic for her. One week later America is at the castle getting ready to begin her new life. With a day of pampering and a quick tour of the castle America begins to feel claustrophobic and she runs out into the garden, where she meets the handsome Prince Maxon. From that moment America realizes that staying there may not be the best option. But will she change her mind when the competition gets a little more serious and all of the sudden they are down to the final ten?


My Thoughts-
Some of my friends had me get this from the library, they talked about it so much that I just had to check it out. And I am so happy that I did. Cass had me hooked from the very first paragraph. I stayed up until midnight reading this and as soon as I finished it I bought the second one on my nook. ( I am almost done with it so I will have The Elite for you tomorrow.) The Selection is a beautiful written book that I am going to read over and over again until I get so sick of it I put it in a box and put it in my closet until I go to college.

The thing I loved most about this book was hearing about all of the outfits the Selected got to wear to all of the events. It made me wish I liked there even though they have a caste system worst ( and in some ways better) than the one they used to have in India. In this novel all of the gowns that the young ladies wore were hand sewn by each of the Selected personal maids.

If some one asked who my favorite character was I would have to say America because she is so independent and so opinionated. I feel that is the way all women should be, well most anyway. I like how she talks the Prince Maxon sometimes, she treats him as an equal not like a One (the highest caste.) You see more of this personality in the second book, which I loved.

There are some parts in the book I am like, okay come on America. Make your move, he isn't going to wait around forever.

The end of the book left you with such a huge cliff hanger that you will want to pick the second one up as soon as you finish the first one.

I am giving this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Hope to have you reading again soon,
Paige <3

No comments:

Post a Comment