Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hex Hall Review

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Publish date- February 1, 2011
Age range- 12+
Pages- 352


Summary-
 Sophie is a witch. She came into her powers when she was twelve like every other witch and wizard in the world. People have always been scared of witches and wizards, and they will always be. So the Prodigium created a school for their kind (witches, wizards, fairies, werewolves, shape shifters, with the occasional vampire.) This is where teens go when their powers are exposed. Just like Sophie, she was sent there by a love spell go wrong at her homecoming dance. Now Sophie has to not only deal with living in a strange place, but she also has three new enemies, a defense teacher that hates her guts, and a boy who is dropping major hints but is running the opposite way.


What I Thought-
When I first started reading this book it was kind of dull and boring. However it redeemed itself fairly quickly. I found myself not wanting to put the book down after I got really into it. The main thing I liked about the book was the love that Sophie and Archer started to share. I loved how at one part of the book Sophie was like "I am not falling for him. I am not falling for him."

The only bad thing about this book was that at the beginning Sophie was like this little innocent girl who has never done anything wrong. Heck she wouldn't really cuss at the beginning, then towards the end she started getting some dirty words in.

Overall this book was very good and well laid out. The plot moved quickly and didn't have any huge holes in it. All the characters really seem to jump off the page at you, even the minor ones, with the detail the story is told in.

I am giving this book a 4 out of 5 stars.


Hope to have you reading again soon,
Paige <3

No comments:

Post a Comment